Home > Client Services > Safety and Me
Safety and Me
The National Safety Council's 3 Step DDC Collision Prevention Formula
The National Safety Council suggests a simple formula that can help you prevent vehicle collisions.
Recognize the hazard
- Scan the road ahead.
- One block in urban areas.
- To the next curve, hill or overpass in rural areas or on expressways.
- Check your mirrors, inside and out, every three to five seconds.
- Keep your attention focused on driving.
Understanding the defense
- Know what to do.
- Use the "what-if" strategy to help keep your attention focused on driving.
Act correctly, in time
- Do the right thing - before the situation gets out of control.
- Avoid the hazard in time to prevent the collision.